The Richard Huish Trust (RHT) is a charitable company limited by guarantee (Company number 9320523). Governance of the Trust falls within the responsibility of Members and the Board of Trustees.
– have the power to amend the Articles of Association (which sets out the trust’s charitable objects and governance structure)
– have power to appoint a number of Trustees and to remove any or all serving Trustees
– may issue direction to the Trustees to take a specific action
– have power, ultimately, to instigate closure of the Academy Trust.
The current Members are:
Mr David Griffin, the Chair of the Governing Body of the Richard Huish College,
Mr Jonathan Langdon, the Vice-chair of the Governing Body of the Richard Huish College,
Mr Edward Gregory, the Corporate Member of the Bath and Wells DBE Trust,
Although Members have ultimate oversight, the company is run by a Board of Trustees. The composition of the Board currently comprises eight directors including the Chief Executive of the Academy Trust.
The Trustees are both charity trustees and company directors and have the legal responsibility for conducting the business of the trust. They may choose to delegate certain powers to committees or to the local governing boards of academies in accordance with a Scheme of Delegated Authority (SoDA).
In particular, Trustees have responsibility to:
– ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
– hold executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
– oversee the financial performance of the organisation and make sure its money is well spent
The Board of Trustees has established a Finance and Audit Committee and an Academic Performance and Quality Committee to oversee key functions.
|Director||Date of Appointment / Re-Appointment||Status||Membership|
|Guy Adams||30th November 2018||Director||Chair of the Board of Directors|
Member of the Finance and Audit Committee
|Ex-Officio||Director||Chief Executive Officer|
|Mark Braund||30 November 2018||Director||Chair of Academic Performance and Quality Committee|
|Catherine Christie||20 February 2018||Director||Vice Chair of the Board of Directors|
& Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee
|Jade Renville||01 September 2019||Director||Vice Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee,|
Director on North Town LGB
|Chris Ormrod||30 November 2018||Director||Member of the Finance and Audit Committee|
TTA Local Governing Body Chair
|David Farrow||13 October 2020||Director|